As with almost all Towns and Villages vast changes have occurred to the buildings and architecture of the village. The village was known to have been a settlement in Saxon times and dwellings of some sort have been known ever since. Apart from the church of St Peter and St Paul, the oldest surviving buildings today can be traced back to around 1500.
The current planning policy for the village excludes any development outside the existing village boundary. Whilst this policy is maintained it ensures that the fields and footpaths surrounding the village will remain unspoiled